Freitag, Juli 21, 2006

Almost done with the semester. I have one final on Monday which I'm not too worried about since it's all subjective and I have a pretty good command of the subject (labor and globalization). I'm just worried that my grammar will be really shitty but hopefully the professor will cut me a little slack.

I received two of my grades already. So far, I have a 3.5. Obviously, that means I got an A and a B. It's a B+ actually. I'm a little bummed about the B+ because I was two points away from a lousy A-. The class is worth 5.5 units so it'll do some slight damage to my GPA.

I have to be out of my room a week from this Monday. I started packing my winter clothes and throwing away stuff. I'm torn about a couple of things. Like clothes I bought here that I didn't really wear that much. I also have all these souvenirs and I know I'll buy more stuff in Prague. Blahhhh... We'll see how much room I have. Vivian is leaving on Sunday. Man, that's crazy. I still can't believe it will be almost a year since I left San Francisco and set foot on the Frankfurt airport. I'm ready to go home.

Yesterday we made BBQ chicken quesadillas due to my HUMONGOUS craving. I needed liquid smoke but of course I couldn't find it. I also couldn't find Monterey Jack cheese so I didn't follow the recipe I looked up at all. Tortillas were 3 euros for eight. WHAT THE FUCK?! You can get like 50 for $2 in the U.S.! A travesty, I tell ya. So I decided to get all Martha Stewart-y and made my own damn flour tortillas. I was impressed with myself, I'm not gonna lie. They tasted pretty damn good. Maybe that's just because I don't remember what real quesadillas taste like. =/

Oh, how I'm gonna miss our cooking adventures.