Donnerstag, Juni 15, 2006

Last night Germany beat Poland in one of the most intense games I've ever seen since the World Cup began. It was 0-0 the entire time and then with three minutes overtime, Oliver Neuville scored a goal. I've never been so enthusiastic about a sporting event in my life. Let alone soccer which I never followed until I moved here to Germany. Here are some pictures from last night's game.

Neuville after shooting the first and only goal of the game and the Polish goalie.

Neuville jumping on a teammate lol

Jürgen Klinsmann, the coach of Germany, praising the Lord for finally scoring a goal

Philipp Lahm, who I have a mild crush on, won the Man of the Match award.

Neuville, Ballack (on top) and Klose celebrating. The look on Neuville's face is priceless.

Cindy's favorite player, half Ghanian and half German David Odonker

A surprising amount of people tuned in to the game in the U.S.. Since Germany won, I decided to commit and buy an official Adidas Germany jersey which are only $30 at various online U.S. shops. In Germany they're like 50 euros. Considering the exchange rate, I could get two jerseys for the price of one in the U.S.! Anyway, I decided to hold off last night and when I finally decided to invest this morning, they were OUT OF STOCK. What the hell is that crap?

Of course, Goettingen went crazy. Amos stumbled into my room trashed at around 2am saying, "Babe, everybody's going nuts. Everyone was celebrating at the Gaenseliesl. Do you know where that is? Everyone was screaming and I was in the front! It was incredible!" all the while banging my thundersticks. He told me the story AT LEAST three times so believe you me, those were his EXACT words.

Germany's next game is against Ecuador on Tuesday. Fortunately I have a gap inbetween classes and they play the game on campus so I'll be able to check it out. I've totally got World Cup fever. Auf geht's Deutschland!

1 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Good post! I feel bad for the Neuville and Klose with Ballack on top of them; he can't be light! lol

3:57 PM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home